Monday, March 10, 2014

FIFA 14 SEASONS: Road to D1

Starting yet another series only because the changes they made to Fifa this year make the game way more fun. I am playing on current gen just because I havent gotten much justice playing on the Xbox One at all (and that I don’t have an Xbox One to practice so let just say it was fustrating). This most likely will put me behind on the other series or so that I was playing (Association Challenge) but I will be posting more consisteintly pretty soon.

Managed to get 3 quick games in but I will try to account for at most 5 in future posts depending on how many games I actually decided to play in a session (just so happens this one has 3). First thing to note is the tweaks I made to line-ups which I wont bother trying to explain (my strategy invovles a certain play style via what players are available or my mood at the time). In short, I probably spent too much time than I needed to setting up line-ups, plotting stratagey, and trying to figure out what do with out of form players (this def hurts you if you don’t plan for it). Second thing is the breakaways. These are a bit more difficult and I don’t know if they made the keeping better or im just getting the angles wrong in certain situations (its fustrating throwing away one of your own "bread n butta" scoring chances which just keeps your opponent in the game…sighs). A bit more pracitce and I got this. Lastly, the possession and ball movement is a bit spotty (meaning it either works beautifully or it can just be an annoying game of pong where you have no idea how or why the ball ends up where it does).

I cant say that my first 3 games were my best effort but Id like to think that I had a pretty good strategy and know which things I can work on (not throwing away scoring chances would be nice). Here is how I faired in my first 3 games (I am also trying to play with the team I faced next unless I don’t feel like playing with them…trying to keep it interesting and should be good practice for when the cup window opens up).

Game #1 Arsenal* vs Milan
Starting out, I have to play with my boys (Arsenal). Opened the game with a goal from Giroud in the 3rd min and he just anchored me from there. Giroud's final minute heroics (completing the hat trick) sealed my first win (3-2).

Game #2 Milan* vs Liverpool
Nothing to say about this one. I played really well even though I was trying to use a new strategy. Milan has quite a few players that were out of form which certainly hurt me (not to mention the cheese) but no excuses, 0-2 loss.

Game #3 Milan* vs Chelsea
I did the best I could with my chances and tried to redeem myself from that last fustrating defeat. 5 shots, 5 shots on target, and a well done counter attack out of the back line led me to a 2-1 victory (disappointed there wasn’t a shut out here but a win is a win).

2-0-1 isnt a bad start (not happy about dropping a game early but those are the breaks). I will probably post about FUT (Fifa Ultimate Team) later on which I had so much fun with last year. Anyways, Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment